The best way to accurately pinpoint your location is to use latitude and longitude coordinates. Fortunately, with the help of Google Earth, they are pretty easy to find.
Here's step-by-step instructions:
- 1. Download Google Earth from http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
- 2. Install Google Earth on your computer and, in Preferences (on a Mac) or Tools->Options (on a PC), with the 3D View tab active, select Decimal Degrees for Show Lat/Long. That's how you'll need to enter them on the map page of your IndeXinn WebWizard.
- 3. With the Fly To button selected, enter your address and click the search button. The coordinates will be at the bottom of the screen. Copy them down and enter them in the appropriate place on the map page.
Don't have an address, or your address won't come up in Google Earth? No problem - here's what you do:
- 1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- 2. From the Google Earth Globe, move around until you can see your country. Double click your country and then continue to zoom in (by double clicking) until you get closer and closer to your location.
- 3. Once you're as close as you can get to your location position the pointer over your location and the coordinates will show at the bottom of the page - OR - you can click on the push pin icon (in the Google Earth tool bar), place the push pin on your location and a window will open that displays the coordinates and also allows you to name and save your location.
For more information be sure to check out Help in the Google Earth application.